|| HOME >> PHOTOS


Landmarks
(Click on a thumbnail to see the full image.)
An aerial photo of Newry in the 1950s. An aerial photo of Newry in the 1960s. An aerial photo of Newry in the 1970s. The top of High Street in Newry.
Kilmorey street in Newry with large gasometer in the background. The Bridge Street area of Newry was known as 'Docklands' Town centre in Newry late 1800's. Stately homes at Queen Street, now Dominic Street, were demolished to make way for a new housing development.
Mary street, Newry, in the 1940's. hill street newry in the 1940's. The school at Margaret Square Newry, where local patriots and Brothers-in-law, John Mitchel and John Martin were educated. Historic Church St in newry, looking towards the grotto.
A sketch of Newry's Canal Street in the 'rare aul times' Hill Street early twentieth century. River Street many years ago, with the gasworks on the right. The Frontier cinema in Newry, now long closed
A section of Boat Street in Newry during the 1950's. A view of Narrow Water caste. Day trippers arrive in Omeath from Warrenpoint by the traditional means, by ferryboat, in the 1950s.
Google
Fabian Boyle 2001-2008